Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Finals...Already

What I've Been Doing

Life in Chicago has been a blast in the last couple of weeks. I've been to Open Mic's, learned new card games, and started doing yoga. I've decided that I want to go for a quarter abroad in London next summer with my culinary partner,Aubrie,but am going to have to raise a lot of money.

I've made a lot of cool food this quarter and more good food on Thursday. We made lamb last week...so yummy. I've been taking more liberty on how things are made and devating from the recipe, which is going well. Next week I get to pick a menu out of a hat and make it from memory, but atleast I'm going to get an ingredient list from my teacher. Next quarter's class is going to be all about chicken and fish...yum!

My English class has been awesome and I feel like I've learned so much in a little amount of time from Coach. She's great and hopefully I get her next quarter. We had a Vietnam Vet come in and speak to the class about his experience in the war on graves duty. He looked like a little mouse, he was tiny and highpitched.

My management class has been great. Mr. D is such a great teacher. He makes people pay attention in class unlike my College as Career teacher, which by the way I don't know her name. He told us that one day he will eat for free where ever we are all working because he's going to be keeping track of the culinary students and what we are all up to.

What I'm Reading

Just finished Suite Scarlett and Giving Up the V, I'm in the middle of Jamie's Food Revolution. Also ON COOKING...my culinary book for class.

Whats in the Kitchen







No comments:

Post a Comment