Friday, April 22, 2011

Cleopatra and Vegetarianism

Today I'm watching Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor for the first time. I'm about an hour into the movie and am enjoying it. This is a great way to end this week with. Cleopatra was such an impressive Queen of Egypt, she did whatever she had to do for the throne she desired, even killing her brothers and sister. Being the last great ruler of Egypt, she did her best to keep the Romans at bay by creating relationships with Caesar and Mark Antony. Making sure that her country remained what she loved and cherished. The costumes for the movie are amazing, the colors and fluidity are beautiful. 

Enough about Cleopatra, now on to my possibility of becoming a vegetarian or more specify a Ovo-lacto vegetarian. This is where I am able to eat eggs and dairy products. I figure that I am basically a vegetarian because of being a college student. I love meat don't get me wrong, but I love vegetables too! I want to be able to have more good vegetables than have a little bit of meat. Poultry might be in my diet sometimes, but not as prominent like before. Today I went without meat without intention, so going without might not be that hard. I will not eat tofu though. 

If more people started doing this, the problem of bad animal care might be more manageable. The less animals we eat, the less animals being treated badly and easier it would be to stop the bad companies and encourage the proper healthy ones. I'm not going to preach about how everyone needs to eat in this manner, but that everyone should look at what kinds of meat are entering their bodies. Most of the meat is raised in unhealthy situations, shown in movies like Food Inc. and King Korn, which is why meat is cheap. The better meat is usually more expensive, but the taste and impact to the world are better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment